Do you have thick, yellowed toenails that you’ve got to soak in the bathtub just to clip every couple weeks? When you do clip your nails, is there this chalky growth underneath the nail that you’ve almost got to scrape out? When your toenails turn yellow, curl inward, and become thick and even painful to the touch, there’s a good chance that you’re suffering from a toenail fungus infection. The best toenail fungus treatment will get rid of that fungus quickly, relieve any suffering, and help to restore a healthy appearance to your toenails immediately.
|ClearNail Pro+||At Home||Regular application required||$$|
|Prescription Medications||At the Doctor||Cannot drink alcohol, can be dangerous to the liver.||$$$$|
|Laser Treatment||At the Doctor||Multiple treatments required, some pain involved.||$$$$$+|
|Vinegar Soak||At home||"Home remedy" - Requires strict regular application||$|
|Vick's Vapor Rub||At home||"Home remedy" - Requires strict regular application||$|
|SteriShoe||Preventative||Greatly assists treatment and prevents reinfection||$$$|
What Is the Typical Treatment Method For Toenail Fungus?
For many people suffering from toenail fungus, the first step to treat it is often a visit to the doctor. There are prescription medications, lotions, and creams that will effectively treat a light fungal infection in a short amount of time. This is often the most effective route to go when you’ve just noticed an infection starting to set in, but it hasn’t turned your nail completely yellow as of yet.
The deeper and further down the yellowed nail goes, the more set-in the infection has become. Your doctor may also decide on other prescription medications that are stronger, but there’s one general rule of toenail infections: the deeper it is, the harder it is to get rid of it! That’s why for many, they simply accept the fungus as part of their life and do their best to ignore it.
What could your doctor decide to give you? Let’s take a look at some common prescription anti-fungal medications:
- Terbinafine is taken for up to 12 weeks, taking one pill per day. Your doctor may also recommend “pulse dosing,” which means you take it every day for one week during the month, but then don’t take it for the rest of the month. In pulse dosing, it could be 4 months or more before results are seen.
- Fluconazole, Itraconazole, and Ketoconazole – these three drugs all essentially work the same way, but react differently in people so based on your doctor’s recommendation, you could get any one of these three medications. These anti-fungal meds are sometimes taken for up to 18 months and may also be used in a pulse dosing method.
- Griseofulvin is taken twice per day until the toenail infection is cleared up. For severely infected toenails, it is not uncommon to be taking this medication for up to 18 months to eliminate an infection and prevent immediate re-infection.
Not everyone can ignore a toenail fungus infection, unfortunately, and not everyone is willing to spend up to 18 months paying for prescription medications to kill of a nasty case of nail fungus. They need one of the best toenail fungus treatments that can work to penetrate deeply into the nail and kill off the fungus at its very roots.
Are There DIY Treatments That Can Be Used?
Home remedies are very popular these days and there are some DIY ways that you may be able to get rid of your toenail fungus. Here is a look at some of the most popular methods:
- Cinnamon oil extract: By soaking the infected toenails in water containing a solution of up to 2% cinnamon oil extract, some people have reported that the yellowing of their nails will begin to clear up in about a month’s time. With more extensive use beyond 1x per day, some people have reported faster results than this. These results, however, cannot be verified.
- Tea tree oil: By applying tea tree oil directly to the affected toenails every morning and evening, some people have reported seeing results begin to occur in as little as three weeks. Tea tree oil is also relatively cheap in many communities, making it one of the most used home remedies for toenail fungus as well. It has natural anti-fungal properties to it, which means if you can get it underneath the nail, you’ve got a legitimate chance to begin the healing process.
- White vinegar: Some people report using white vinegar soaks for their feet once or twice per day to get rid of long-term infections. This method, however, often takes up to 6 months to clear up an infection, assuming it works for you. Because vinegar is slightly acidic, you may find that it can help to penetrate under your nails over time, but this may also cause your nails to become thinner, more brittle, and more sensitive.
There are some crazier DIY methods that people have tried as well, desperate for relief. There are stories of people who soaked their feet in straight bleach for weeks on end to get relief. There’s a story of one man who filed down all of his infected toenails to almost the skin and then walked around with cotton balls soaked in alcohol and vinegar.
The bottom line is this: if it works for you, then it is the best toenail fungus treatment. Period. The problem, unfortunately, is that most DIY treatments don’t work or if they do, they take months to begin showing results in most cases. Is there a better way to get the yellow out of your nails so you can walk around all mellow in flip-flops if you wish?
What About Over the Counter Treatments?
There are several over-the-counter anti-fungal creams that you can pick up at virtually any store that sells OTC medication. You can also find treatments that are aerosol sprays and sometimes there might even be oral medications, depending on the laws of your local community. Most of these products are designed to treat one specific form of fungus: athlete’s foot or jock’s itch, which is often the fungus Epidermophyton floccosum, although other forms of fungus can cause these conditions as well.
Because this is also one of the common types of fungus that can cause the yellowing and thickening of the toenail, it is true that if you can apply the over-the-counter medication directly onto the fungus itself that you can treat the infection. The issue, however, that many people have in attempting this type of treatment is that they can’t get it to the source.
They’ll kill off surface fungi, but they won’t treat the actual problem!
This means, for all practical purposes, that a fungus infection can be controlled with these OTC products, but it can’t be eliminated. This also means that you’ll likely be forced into a position where you’re constantly buying these products to control the infection, which means hundreds or thousands of dollars per year. Why control the symptoms when you can eliminate the problem once and for all?
That’s why more people than ever before are turning to a product that is available without a prescription, is FDA approved, and can clear up even the worst cases of toenail fungal infection within as little as 6 weeks. There’s no paint thinners, nail scraping, or other painful procedures that need to happen. You simply paint the product on like nail polish and go about your day!
The Best Toenail Fungus Treatment: ClearNail Pro+
The benefit of ClearNail Pro+ is that it is a strong product that you don’t need a prescription for and you can buy it from Amazon. It will clear up a light fungal infection as quickly as anything your doctor will give you to take. It’s also a product that you use at home, on your own time, for a relatively small investment! What makes this the best toenail fungus treatment is the fact that once the infection has been eliminated, ClearNail Pro+ keeps working so that the toenail fungus will continue to stay away!
Are You Ready To Make That Toenail Fungus Go Away?
The best toenail fungus treatment is specifically designed to help eliminate your unsightly yellow nails once and for all. You don’t need to be ashamed to show off your feet anymore because your nails are cracked, broken, or even black and green thanks to a persistent infection! ClearNail Pro+ works from the moment of first application to soften the skin around your nails, penetrate deeply, and then help your body resist another infection.
If you’re ready to restore your nails to their original luster, then today is the day to give ClearNail Pro+ a try. Why wait? Click here to order ClearNail Pro+ online today and clean up your toenail fungus.
I am frustrated because I have been searching for a subscription kind of purchase, a specialized antifungal tablet, I think two a day, A probiotics to treat nail fungus, not typical digestive related. Advertised 6 for $49. each, or three for $59., and last option, one at $69. I believe. I wanted to self treat with light, topical and most of all the pills. I cannot find online ANYWHERE now. Any info? I only want the ones advertised for treatment of nail fungus. I use the Clear Touch light but my nail problem is extreme, keeps returning, so before I buy topical, I really want the antifungal, specialized probiotics, I can’t find searching past three days. Off since it showed up immediately before.
Thanks for sharing 🙂 Those treatments for toenail fungus are really helpful. I can say that it’s hard to avoid fungus infection, but yes, it’s treatable.